Bodum CHAMBORD Coffee & Tea Maker, French Press Coffee Maker
- Home Supply
- 1.60 lbs
Bodum CHAMBORD Coffee & Tea Maker, French Press Coffee Maker CHAMBORD is a true original – the classic French press coffee maker designed in the fifties. And we still produce it with the same painstaking craftsmanship we used way back when with the original. The frame and lid, made of steel, undergo several chrome plating processes to obtain a durable shiny surface that will last for many years of intense use.
The only difference in the production process since the fifties is our commitment to the highest standards of environmentally correct manufacturing, which is especially important during the chrome plating process.
The black CHAMBORD Polypropylene handle comes in a matte finish that not only gives a comfortable grip while serving but adds to the classic quality of the design. The French press system has always been the simplest and ultimate way of brewing an excellent cup of coffee. Using fresh coarseground beans with water between 92 and 96 degrees celsius brings out the very best in all types of coffee.
FRENCH PRESS: CHAMBORD French press brews a premium cup of coffee in just 4 minutes, simply add course ground coffee, hot water and press
- STAINLESS STEEL: 3-part stainless steel plunger has a mesh filter that helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filter
- DURABLE DESIGN: Coffee press features Bodum's patented safety lid to keep contents from spilling and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- MAXIMUM FLAVOR: Pressed coffee extracts the perfect amount of essentials oils and acids from the coffee bean for maximum flavor; the preferred method for brewing for coffee enthusiasts everywhere
- SERVINGS: Premium French press coffee maker makes 8 cups of coffee, 4 oz each
1. Place pot on a dry, flat, nonslip surface. Hold handle firmly, then pull the plunger straight up and out of the pot.
2. For each 1.25-deciliter/4-ounce cup, put 1 rounded tablespoon or 1 Bodum scoop of coarse-ground coffee into the pot.
Caution: Use only coarse-ground coffee. Fine grind can clog the filter and create high pressure. Place coffee maker on a heatproof, nonslip surface.
3. Pour hot (not boiling) water into the pot. Leave a minimum of 2.5 centimeters/1 inch of space at the top. Stir the brew with a plastic spoon.
Caution: Metal spoons can scratch or chip the glass beaker and cause breakage.
4. Place the plunger unit on top of the pot. Turn lid to close off the pour spout opening. (Does not apply to the Brazil models.) Do not press down. Let the coffee brew for at least 4 minutes.
5. Hold the pot handle firmly, with the spout turned away from you, then using just the weight of your hand, apply slight pressure on top of the knob to lower the plunger straight down into the pot. Lowering the plunger slowly with minimal pressure produces best results. If the filter clogs or it becomes difficult to push down the plunger you should remove the plunger from the pot, stir the brew, and then slowly plunge again.
WARNING: Using excessive force can cause scalding liquid to shoot out of the pot.
6. Turn the lid to open the pour spout and then pour coffee.
7. Unscrew the filter assembly and clean the plunger unit after each use. All parts are dishwasher-safe.